Looking for a career? You've come to the right place!
Econolodge Inn and Suites University - Calgary, AB
Responsible for cleaning assigned guest rooms according to the standards of Choice Hotels International, including the daily changing of bed linens, replacing towels, cleaning the bathroom, dusting, vacuuming carpets and the removal of garbage and recyclables.
Ensure all corridors, housekeeping closets and public areas are cleaned to company standard.
Complete daily assignment sheets and document any deficiencies in the guest rooms.
- Proven cleaning ability with an attention to detail.
- Approachable, pleasant, polite, fast.
- Able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and products an asset.
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset.
- Must be able to understand both oral and written English.
- To follow policies and procedures and standards of Choice Hotels International
- To follow all safety and security procedures and regulations while performing daily duties
- To strip and make all bed types (King, Queen, & Double) during an eight hour shift. (The number of rooms to clean will vary depending on occupancy).
- To dust shelves, artwork in rooms and wipe windows
- To clean entire bathroom, including the bathtub, walls, mirror, shelves, floors, and sink.
- To dust and clean kitchen counter, cabinets and all appliances
- To empty all the trash and leave clean trash cans in each assigned guestroom.
- To vacuum and mop each assigned guest room on a daily basis.
- To clean guest rooms and restock with appropriate supplies
- To use proper chemicals to clean rooms and common areas (lobby, public washrooms etc)
- To obtain a housekeeping cart at the beginning of shift and store it in the appropriate place at the end.
- To follow daily checklist and make sure every item on the list is covered.
- To turn in keys and unused supplies at the end of each shift.
- To maintain uniform and grooming standards (especially foot wear) in accordance with standards and procedures of the Waterside Inn.
- To cater to guest requests.
- To report guest issues to the Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor
- To perform all duties assigned by the Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor
- To perform “house person” duties when assigned.
- Must be fully prepared for emergency procedures (i.e. use of fire extinguishers, fire alarms, bomb threat & other safety requirements, including the providing of emergency medical assistance.
- Additional duties as assigned by the management
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to provide a description of the principle elements essential for the performance of the job. All job descriptions are subject to change.
To apply email resume to:
or apply in person.